Monday, January 21, 2013

Ashlynn Monroe's brand new release, Given


Thank you so much for hosting me and my book Given on your blog!  I'm so excited about this release.  If you know my work you know I love writing novella series, However; Given is a full-length novel.  I loved this story.  I toyed around with this idea for months before I let my muse have free reign to make it happen.  This is a very erotic, but deep novel.  My characters all have their own agendas and needs.  Krista must navigate six hearts and libidos.  All she wants is to know what a real family is like, but the government has other plans for her--and her body.  

About Ashlynn

Ashlynn Monroe has been dreaming up stories all her life.  She started to put them on paper at thirteen, but it wasn't until she was thirty that she decided to share them with others.  She's a busy mom with a full time job, fantastic friends, and a unique sense of humor.  She's just a regular girl who's in love with the idea of happily-ever-after.  She's honored to be multi-published by some of the best electronic publishers in the industry.  Ashlynn survives each day by dreaming up her next tale of romance.


Buy from Beachwalk Press


In a world without choices, one woman will find herself caught in the middle of six men and the emotions they develop for her.  Krista is one of the last women on Earth, and her patriotic duty is to make babies. On her twenty-first birthday, they hold the lottery drawing to determine the men to who will control her destiny.  Her “six”, the men who have won the right to call her their own, know they have to impregnate her quickly or risk losing her back to the government.  As society fills with additional violence and unrest, her men keep her sheltered in a fortress of maximum security.  When a mysterious man arrives and offers her the chance for true freedom, will she be willing to leave the life she knows behind or will she remain “given”?





Excerpt

“This room has been waiting for you for five years, ever since we began the process to participate in the lottery. This is your home now Krista. When you finish unpacking, come back downstairs, we want to show you around.”
They left her alone. She sat down on the bed and air whooshed from her lungs as she sat in a state of nervous anticipation. Oh God, who should I pick? She couldn't help wondering. Choosing felt so very wrong to her. She may belong to these men for a long time, and the idea of alienating any of them, or getting off on a bad start, twisted her stomach in knots of nervous anxiety. She stood up and unpacked her few belongings. The closet looked so empty after she'd put her scant possessions into it. She began walking down the stairs and she heard their voices. Krista paused to listen, feeling a bit evil for eavesdropping.
“It's only right that she pick.”
“We've all waited so long, shouldn't we draw straws or something?”
“For God's sake, she's a human being, not a new toy. Let the girl have her pick. We'll all have a chance.”
“What if we all share her tonight? Then it's fair to all of us.”
“It wouldn't be fair to Krista. If she was your new bride, would you want to pass her around to five other guys?”
“There's no more marriage, so the question isn't valid. The world isn't nice and romantic. The fact is, she'll have to sleep with all of us.”
“For tonight, let her have some peace. I say no one should touch her.”
“Are you fucking kidding? Hell no, she picks at least one of us and that's final!”
“Shh, she'll hear you.”
“It's not like it'll hurt her the first time, they have their cherries popped by the doctor. I say we ask. She seems understanding.”
She'd heard enough. She finished walking down the stairs, one squeaked. They all turned, giving her guilty looks.
“Yes, I heard. I was thinking about the same thing. I don't know if I can pick. I don't want to cause infighting here, and I don't want anyone to feel hurt. I don't know what to do,” she finished miserably.
“We won't force you to do anything you don't want to do, but you should sleep with at least one of us tonight,” Damon said.
“If you want to pick more than one, that's okay too,” DeAnthony amended. Krista blushed.
Excerpt #2
“Thanks,” Malcolm said as he took Krista's arm. “I want to show you the garden. It's been my personal hobby when I'm not on tour.” He led her out the side door onto a big outdoor patio. Everything was magical. The garden was huge. She noticed a koi fishpond too.
“It's perfect,” she said honestly.
“Thanks. It's how I've dealt with my celibacy,” he replied tongue-in-cheek.
Krista giggled. “You are funny.”
“Yep, that's what my agent tells me.” He smiled.
“Soups on, come in,” Jared called out the door. Malcolm walked her back towards the house, but before they went in, he turned to look into her eyes.
“Will you chose tonight?”
“I don't want to hurt any of you. I don't know.”
“I won't lie. I want it to be me. Krista, can I kiss you?”
He was holding the door closed. She stood trapped between his arms as he leaned in, putting his weight on the door. They were alone. She wet her lips in anticipation of her first kiss. The shade trees near the house obscured the late afternoon sun. Looking into his face with intensity, she swallowed nervously. “Yes.”
Malcolm smiled and leaned closer. His lips brushed her lips gently and then she was in his arms and he was pressing her against his body, hard. She felt something poke her in the side. His erection, her heart pounded with the realization that his body was ready for sex. She hadn't realized men would become erect while still wearing clothing. Her cheeks heated. For a fleeting moment she worried he might try to claim his right to her immediately. There was no doubt Malcolm wanted her. When he didn't start ripping her clothing off, she relaxed enough to enjoy the kiss. Instinctively, her arms wrapped around his neck. His lips moved over hers and she moaned, leaning against him. His hands moved through her hair and she heard him growl as he pushed away from her.
“Damn it, you taste so good.” He was breathing heavily. “You have no idea how badly I want you right now. The next time I kiss you, I won't stop at your lips.” The man was panting, his face flushed. He opened the door and she ran past him, rushing inside.
Jared turned and she saw his expression darken. “What happened?” The youngest of her six queried angrily. When Malcolm came in, looking disheveled, Jared glared at him. “What did you do?”
“Let's eat.” Malcolm brushed past the other man, bumping him with his shoulder. Krista saw Jared's fist clench.
“It's fine Jared, really. It was just a kiss that I gave permission for.”
“You kissed him?” Jared looked hurt. “He got the first kiss? That son-of-a-bitch, we agreed no sneaky stuff. If I'd known we could just ask for a kiss, I'd have asked first.”
Excerpt #3
With all the emotion and testosterone, she knew she was treading in dangerous waters. “You know what would be hot,” he asked in her ear.
“No,” she whispered back. Her mouth felt dry. His sexy voice was causing her panties to feel damp.
“If you went up stairs, put on that cute little skirt I picked out for you, and you came back without panties, straddled my lap, and fucked me at the dinner table. Should we ask the others if they want a show with their dinner? I don't mind sharing you at all sexy girl.”
“I'd love to see that,” Mal said loudly, clearly eavesdropping. “If you're up for it, I'd take my turn tonight and give you Sunday back.”
She felt the heat of their words and her breath came out in little pants. She looked over at Brax. His eyes were dark, and she saw jealousy there. Jared looked uncomfortable and Damon reached down, she noticed him adjusting his cock.
“I don't want any hard feelings. I'm willing to be shared, if you promise me it won't be like before.”
“The only thing hard around here is our pricks. Anyone have a problem sharing my night?” No one spoke up. “Good. Now someone give Steve the night off. I want to take her right here.”
“But the patio door, someone might see,” Krista protested.
“No one is going to see. The guards are away from the doors and no one is getting into our little fortress. Now go upstairs and change for me baby girl.”
Krista's stomach churned. She'd learned to like sex, far more than she'd expected to. She wanted this as much as her men did, but she hoped Max and Brax wouldn't feel upset. The idea of them all loving her left her legs wobbly, but she managed to make it up the stairs without falling and breaking her neck. She dressed in the short skirt DeAnthony had requested. In a moment of boldness, she took off her shirt and her bra. Taking a few deep breaths, she waited, giving Steve time to leave. She applied some fresh make up and combed her long brown hair, noticing how the sun played with the red highlights. She hoped the men noticed too. Looking in the mirror, she smiled. Perfect. She knew she had nice breasts. They weren't too big or too small. The nipples hardened in the cool air as she gazed at herself in the mirror. Her face glowed with a deep flush. She looked into her blue eyes and didn't recognize herself. She'd changed, become bolder. Now if I could just be brave enough to choose freedom. She shook off the stray thought, knowing it was too late. There was no going back. She was here now. She walked quietly down the stairs, once again glad for the home's newness and the lack of squeaking.
“What the fuck is your problem Braxton?”
“I don't like this. She's not a sex toy. If they decide we aren't treating her right, she's gone!”
“Yeah, you don't need to remind me. I know that, but she's willing to do this. It's not as if we're beating her or hurting her. She wants this and you know it,” DeAnthony protested.
“She's sweet and wants to keep us happy. Maybe she doesn't really want this,” Brax countered.
“If you want to go to your room, do it. If she'll let us share, we share. The goal is to get her pregnant. They won't care how we do it, as long as we do. Don't be an ass,” Mal sounded off angrily.
“Well, I don't want her hurt.”
“She won't be,” Jared's voice was soft. Krista could hear the strain and assumed desire put it there.
Krista continued down the stairs. She bit her lip, not sure how to assure Brax she was okay. He was her favorite, but that didn't mean she could be his exclusively, they both knew she belonged to them all. If she could choose, it would be Brax every night, but she didn't have that luxury. At least this way he'd be there too.
She stood next to the stairs, Mal stood. Brax turned and she saw his nostrils flair. He scowled. She smiled at him. He turned away. Her heart squeezed painfully in her chest. A small flame of anger flared. He didn't have the right to be angry anymore than she had the right to say no to DeAnthony.


You can buy Given at Beachwalk Press and other fine eBook retailers. 



3 comments:

Nicole Morgan said...

Thanks for being my guest today, Ashlynn! Given sounds fantastic!!!

Ashlynn Monroe said...

Thanks for having me here! **hugs**

Bebe said...

BOOKS SOUNDS GREAT
VERA28546 AT YAHOO DOT COM

Post a Comment